Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help!!!! Anyone Please Read And If Possible, Help Me Out On My Project... Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxz

the project...

setup 1: 3 LED will light up simultaneously one after the other... 100, 010, 001, 100, 010, 001... and so on...
this setup contains a receiver...

setup 2:: a wireless transmitter(any kind) with only 1 button and 3 LED's..

HOW THE PROJECT MUST WORK

1. when the button in the transmitter is pressed, the simultaneous lighting of the LED's in setup 1 will stop and the only LED that is turned on is the one that lights up as the button in the transmitter is pressed... (seems easy to this point..)

2. the hard part is that, the corresponding LED in setup 2 (transmitter setup) must also light in accordance to the LED in setup 1.. for example.. the button is pressed and the lighted LED now is LED1.. So when LED1 in setup 1 lights up, LED1 in setup 2 must also turn on...

NOTE: the LED's in setup 2(transmitter setup) are not simultaneously lighting. the LED's will only turn on when the button is pressed..

REALLY NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS GUYS...

email me at yearspy_gt@yahoo.com for your suggestions on the simplest things i could do... THANKS!!

You didn't explain what is supposed to happen.
Simultaneous means "at the same time", not one after the other.

Maybe you want 3 LEDs at the receiver to sequence one after the other, then stop with only one LED lighted when the button on the transmitter is pressed. You want the same LED on the transmitter to light as the single LED on the receiver that is lighted. The transmitter must syncronize the receiver's sequence.

Unless setup one also has a transmitter, it must be the slave. As described, you have no way of telling setup 2 what is going on in setup one.

I'm guessing that the receiver section could simply be a sequential logic circuit with a couple of flip flops stepping though the states at a specific clock frequency. Off hand, it looks as if two D or JK flip flops should work and the two outputs could input into a 2x4 decoder which outputs would then drive the three LED's.

As you transmit a pulse of some sort, the received pulse will stop the logic circuit from its constant stepping through its states. I can see how this is where it gets tricky, because it seems to me as if you either need both sections to both transmit and receive, or you will need both sections of the circuit to be controlled by a master clock that is synched. I would think that the latter is the easiest, since it seems as if you may be stuck with the first section being only a receiver and the second section being only a transmitter, where the receive circuit would have to send a signal back to the transmitter telling it what state it's in.

Do the project’s design constraints allow you to synch the two circuits up with a master clock of some sort, or simply allow you to reset both circuits at the beginning of the test? If so, one idea would be to build the same sequential circuit in the transmit side, operating at the same clock frequency. You could reset both circuits manually, or build it so an initial state is attained when the circuits are powered up. Now, to synch the two, you could send an initial pulse from the transmitter which would not only be the signal to start its own sequential circuit stepping through the states, but would also be the trigger to start the sequential circuit at the receive end. At this point both circuits should be in the same state and constantly stepping though the states. Timing may be a slight hurdle, but as long as the clock frequency is pretty low that should circumvent most of the problems.

Just some thoughts - Good luck

This isn't college work is it?

If so do it yourself.

A PIC, transmitter and reciever modules are what you need.

daxz said:
email me at yearspy_gt@yahoo.com for your suggestions on the simplest things i could do... THANKS!!
No one's going to email you, we only help on the open forum and posting your email address isn't a good idea as you're likely to recieve loads of spam.

Ron H said:
Unless setup one also has a transmitter, it must be the slave. As described, you have no way of telling setup 2 what is going on in setup one.

Ron!

Love the hair! Rock on dude.

Last edited:
I thought they are feathers.
Do most Americans look weird like that?

Ron H said:
Do most Canadians look like a duck?
I think $crooge is a Canadian Goose. We have millions of them. We even had them trucked away but they came back. Jet airplane engines swallow them whole but keep on running somehow (the planes not the geese).

Hero999 said:
This isn't college work is it?
No one's going to email you, we only help on the open forum and posting your email address isn't a good idea as you're likely to recieve loads of spam.

Unless he is some kind of spammer...

"FROM THE DESK OF MR ABDUL"

RON
"Unless setup one also has a transmitter, it must be the slave."

------->what do you mean it must be the "SLAVE"?

Hero999

yes this is a college project but our professor did not teach us well in this section...

i have no idea what to do.. some say, to make a transceiver and i don't even know what that is...

so sorry...

just wanted some help..

daxz said:
the project...

setup 1: 3 LED will light up simultaneously one after the other... 100, 010, 001, 100, 010, 001... and so on...
this setup contains a receiver...

setup 2:: a wireless transmitter(any kind) with only 1 button and 3 LED's..

HOW THE PROJECT MUST WORK

1. when the button in the transmitter is pressed, the simultaneous lighting of the LED's in setup 1 will stop and the only LED that is turned on is the one that lights up as the button in the transmitter is pressed... (seems easy to this point..)

2. the hard part is that, the corresponding LED in setup 2 (transmitter setup) must also light in accordance to the LED in setup 1.. for example.. the button is pressed and the lighted LED now is LED1.. So when LED1 in setup 1 lights up, LED1 in setup 2 must also turn on...

NOTE: the LED's in setup 2(transmitter setup) are not simultaneously lighting. the LED's will only turn on when the button is pressed..

REALLY NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS GUYS...

when button is pressed at transmitter side then corresponding led will on at setup 2 side first then on setup 2 so its very simple as all depends on setup2 side led so leds will glow simatenously!!
arrange ur ckts in such way that when button pressed led at setup2 glows according to pattern 000,001,011... due to which at recevier side led will glow in same pattern..
i hope m right!!!

daxz said:
yes this is a college project but our professor did not teach us well in this section....
Then don't make him look good by attempting it, make a complaint about him to the head lecturer. If what you're saying is true and it's now you who's being lazey then the whole class will fail and he will loose his job. The college should allow you to re-take the module again and even give you compensation and if they don't do that take them to court.

yes this is a college project but our professor did not teach us well in this section....

Are you sure he doesn't want you to figure something out yourself? In all honesty, this looks like a very simple design task that should be do-able in a few hours...

Here's how I would approach the project:

First, you need to set up some sort of debounced button, with a circuit to do edge detection. You want there to be a signal that's asserted for one clock cycle when the button goes down. That signal is used as an enable for your state machine (since it's not cool to abuse clock inputs). The state machine has outputs for the 3 lights and the transmitter.

There are two ways to do the transmitter / receiver: either have it transmit when something changes, or have it constantly transmit the present state. The absolute simplest-to-understand way to do either one would probably be to transmit tones through RF modules--the tx input could be a few 555's with a MUX, and the receiver can be one or more xx567 tone decoders. This gets around the limitations in most RF modules (they need a minimum number of transitions / second) without using complicated encoding schemes.

THANKS for the IDEAS GUYS...

QUESTIONS:

1. Can i use infrared transmitter/receiver here? i guess its a bit easier to use right?

Yes! Use IR and a PIC!

And if you don't know how to use a pic, now is the time to learn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back