Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help a noob (timer circuit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjchad04

Hello,
I've done some reading all over the place for quite some time now but I am frustrated and in over my head. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

My project: I am going to wire a rear window defroster in my car. I need help designing the control circuit for the low amp side of the relay that will engage and send power to the defroster. This circuit needs to be initiated by a momentary pulse from a push button, and then on a 10 minute timer. I would like to use this kit, but am not attached to it by any means. **broken link removed**

While the timer is counting down, and button is pulsed again, the defroster needs to go off, otherwise go off when the timer runs out. After that, the whole circuit needs to return to its original state. The power for the circuit will be on one of the vehicles ignition circuits, meaning it will only be powered when the ignition is on. So when the ignition comes on, and thereby supplies the flip flop (or whatever makes the latching behavior) with power, it needs to be at a state where it is not powering the timer circuit until the power button is pushed.

Hopefully I've been clear here. Please HELP! :D

Hi Tjchad04,

that circuit won't fit your needs. It activates the output if power is applied and deactivates it when it times out or power is removed.

If I understood correctly you want to start defrosting by pushing a button. Hitting the button the second time defrosting should be terminated - or when the circuit times out if no button is pushed.

Is that correct?

Boncuk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back