Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

grim

Hi
I have been lurking for a while, but thought i would post up, say Hi and start contributing.

what a great forum.

searches for stuff............:D

yes i have read a few stickies. all forums have the same stuff -

USE THE SEARCH!

CHECK THE FAQ!!!!

I'm a newbie here, but have been around the block a few times;)

thanks for the welcome

grim said:
Hi
I have been lurking for a while, but thought i would post up, say Hi and start contributing.

It's a small world, I live in Bromham (two and a half miles from Bedford)!

Well I have to admit that Grim is off to a good start ... he included his location!! That's alot more than I can say for many other members here. Some sound advice to keep you in good standing here is not to ask dumb questions such as "how do I calculate the voltage drop across R5 in the circuit below?" A more acceptable question to post would be, "How can I make a microprocessor chip out of match sticks, carpet fuzz, a rubberband, paperclip, and some glue?"

Last edited:
Hero999 said:
It's a small world, I live in Bromham (two and a half miles from Bedford)!
Wow... I'm not far from Bedford either.... Bedford, Pa. that is!

It is ashame we all live so far away.. It would be funny for us all to all meet up (FBI would probably drop in too)..

I really want to see if that is hitech in the picture, if he owns that shirt and curtains, and has a uP made from match sticks and glue.

Grim, only thing better you could have done was left you strong points or some background. But I would not have done that either ;)

Ignore the stuff that is not related to what you ask and you will be fine here.. If you have not left already.

sounds like every other forum in the world:D ask a question, ignore the people who "think" they know the answer and eventaully arrive at the truth;)

as soon as i discover a strength, I'll post it:D have already posted my weakness for not finishing projects.

engineers ehh?:rolleyes:

hi hero999, yes, that's pretty close for a .com forum

Please don't tripply postm, use the edit button!

jayex77 said:
i want grim to enlite more about transformer rating/capacity dependin on the number of turns

The power rating has nothing to do with the number of turns.

if you want 100V @ 5A then you want a 500VA transformer

if you want 50V @ 10A then you want a 500VA transformer

guess how big a 1000V 0.5A transformer is?

physically the same size - but with different voltages and currents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back