Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello I'm back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuf said.

I'd give you a hug to make you feel better forumlicker but I think these guys would crucify me.

So much Anger around one person ::confused:

Whats the point of wasting time in this thread when there are lots of people seeking help in electronics...

So much Anger around one person ::confused:

Whats the point of wasting time in this thread when there are lots of people seeking help in electronics...
It's real simple- it's the **** Chat forum... the remaining categories are for electronics.

I remember forumlicker. Simply because his name stood out very oddly and made you think why on earth anyone would want to use that name. [Bum]licker is what his name was, though bum is the childrens version of the word.

Still dont understand why you keep talking about licking the forum, but I guess we all have our own little catch phrases.

Its hilarious...my one month old thread returned back unnecessarily..how? Think about that. Search on Bigkim100's all posts! Look at his profile. Extremely odd..I found he's the most annoying character around the forum. A kind of retarded person. He has even give me bad rep for this issue. I request mods to delete this entire thread.

Last edited:
You're strange.:confused:

All this ballyhoo, started by the doofus who (under his original name of [bum]licker007), when I explained that this wasn't the place to look for free copies of commercial software and that he could improve his rep by being a useful member of the board, responded like this:

asslicker007 said:
what **** u are talking. person gave me bad left message saying that "inapropriat secreen name." so i started dis thread and given the reason. i m not going to steal anything. person who has that software can share it like as for a friend in rapidshare. dats all torben.
i strongly tell the mod to change that bad sign under my name that was a clean insult for a newbie done by someone who misuses their rep power. isn't it.
"bad" rep let be moderated before making any sense like this. its a warning. good rep need not to be.

There's so much wrong with that, I don't even know where to start. Let's just say we're dealing with a seriously confused individual here. Who also, for that matter, seems to have a habit of dispensing wrong and often downright dangerous advice here--I'm not sure if that's because he simply has no idea what he's doing, or because he thinks it's funny or something. I'm going with Hanlon's Razor on that one.

Torben

I'm going with Hanlon's Razor on that one.

Oh, great! Now I have to Google Hanlon's Razor. :) How many razor saying are there anyways... I was so satisfied when I finally learned about Occam's razor. :)

Ahh! Is this the underlying theorem?

misunderstandings and neglect create more confusion in this world than trickery and malice

I think Torben is correct with the quote of my old name. What Mr. Bigkim100 told about my typing and abbreviation it's bounded within one or two threads I've started...I've worked on improving and taking care of my language while posting. I don't think I've made any dangerous advice on the forum. Prove it if you can. Prejudice is dangerous you know. I feel all you people have taken this golden opportunity to turn towards me, some were waiting I know! What you people are talking is about b**licker who is no more in the forum, his id along with all the postings are deleted. Now I can sense how that post came again for quoting..nothing but waited for an opportunity. I thought of being as a good person to continue on the forum with a new name. Still can't get what's wrong and where , also the need for continuing this topic.

b**licker haven't had a good realationship with torben, yes! So I thought of coming back as a good person to clear it all. This is one proof:)

Torben said:
There's been talk of adding a section like that here too. The problem is that the majority of annoying one post wonders usually don't pay enough attention to notice.

Might still be worth a shot though. I like the idea.

Torben
forumlicker007 said:
Mee too Torben. Can be added below "General Elec Chat" and "El Pr Dsg/Rws" for getting quick attention. It can be something like "Projects/Home Work Helps". Seems like a good idea for me :)
..but I don't tell the homework help section is added because of me :D
In short, I'm just a nice person as you people of course. Do not look on to my name. Blame me if I'm wrong on my posts. Forget the old name and posts.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Being people dont interact here directly and in person how a member types, what they type, and what they chose as a screen name and avatar is what ultimately represents them for better or worse. ;)

My spelling is poor and my punctuation is worse, my grammar is fair but not great, I hate babysitting the spell check program to make sure it picks the correct replacement word, my sense of humor does not always come across properly, and fortunatly I am not bothered by someone not liking me.:)

But I strive to share what I do know thats based on what I have actually done in my life and I dont get too upset when someone corrects me when I am wrong.;)
I try to respect other members above and beyond even when they dont show any respect to me or any one else and unfortunately some days someone will push and push and push until I do go off and respond unprofessionally. :(

But ultimately what I type and how I type it is what you all see and believe is me. Accurately done or not.;)
Improving your typing skills and acting more professionally and mature can make any shaky start just a think of the past but continuing as is and not improving or putting any real effort into changing yourself for the better will hold a person back more than anything else.;)

My typing has greatly improved since joining here now that I have to use it for a more casual application. My grammar is and always will be based on how I talk and that is mostly influenced by the local culture I live in.

If your after a positive feed back and reputation status earn it! I had too and I keep striving to maintain it.:)

A bad day gets overlooked, continual bad self representation does not!;)

If your after a positive feed back and reputation status earn it! I had too and I keep striving to maintain it.:)

A bad day gets overlooked, continual bad self representation does not!;)

Well said there!

I try to respect other members above and beyond even when they dont show any respect to me or any one else and unfortunately some days someone will push and push and push until I do go off and respond unprofessionally. :(
This is what happened!
I can also see some dirty bugs blowing up the situation in between..!**broken link removed**

This is what happened!
I can also see some dirty bugs blowing up the situation in between..!**broken link removed**

Unfortunately some forum members just single a person out and try to rain misery down on them every chance they can, warranted or not. :(

I have one and so does every body else. :(

I have been told to just ignore it and be the better person but still, I do love a good argument and the chance to let someone else's ignorance and stupidity shine in all of it's glory. :D

I have more than one, then again I make posts sometimes without thinking my words all the way through quiet frequently and get myself in trouble from it later on, at the end of the day though I don't think anyone holds a grudge, though I think Thunderchild does have it in for you TCM =\

[Rambling post]
Personally, I think that if you don't have anything productive to post, that it is better to just sit on your hands and move onto the next message.... There are soooo many to sift through anyway, especially the begging student ones at project time. :)

There will always be someone who rubs you up the wrong way on-line, just as there is out there in the real world, whether once in a while, or constantly.

Unless the information offered by someone is outright dangerous to humans, or most-likely damaging to attached components, a simple correction and an explanation why is warranted, rather than an outright attack on someone's ideas or suspected mental capacity.

There seems to have been an increase in the amount of attacks lately, along with only a few good defences. A gyro thread and a bicycle light thread spring to mind as examples of a good defence.

To be quite blunt though, should someone join this forum, or any other forum for that matter, with the anticipation of standing in a corner and being hammered by the bright kids, due to a lack of knowlege? Isn't the lack of knowlege the reason why someone usually joins a forum anyway? (Or a desire to pass on knowlege to those lacking...)

However, if a member continually breaches forum rules/guidelines, the best option is to simply report the post and let the Mods/Admin decide the appropriate action.
[/Rambling post]

Last edited:
though I think Thunderchild does have it in for you TCM =\

I have been told to just ignore it and be the better person but still, I do love a good argument and the chance to let someone else's ignorance and stupidity shine in all of it's glory. :D

Some days that shine and Glory does tend to overwhelm all of us though.

Back read the Grid Tie inverter threads for a better understanding of my personal experiences. Its all I can say. :(
I think there are many here that could reference similar and even far worse examples they suffered though. Right Sceadwian? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back