Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello - from the new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

strantor

Hello,
to introduce myself, I'm strantor. I'm a rookie industrial controls technician. I have experience with PLCs, VFDs, motors, electro-mechanical/pneumatic/hydraulic systems, etc. I play around with electronics at home, designing simple circuits and such. I try to repair TVs and other electronics but not very good at it. Also like to work on cars.

I have been on the All About Circuits forum for a while now and become preturbed by their "no automotive topics" policy. So here I am. I didn't read anything in the TOS about automotive topics so can I assume that automotive topics are allowed here?

Hi Ya strantor & welcome to the forums. Yeah, we have automotive topics around here and some actually get pretty good. I guess I just can't see why All About Circuits would have a no automotive topics rule. Circuits are circuits. The automotive areas open the doors for some pretty neat circuits and electronic discussion. Anyway enjoy and visit often.

Ron

Hi Strantor! It's good to see you over here! I am glad that you decided to join ETO, and I think you'll be able to learn a lot!
The "no automotive topics" rule at AAC has bugged me for some time as well, so hopefully we'll be able to help you here ;)

Best regards,
Der Strom

The powers that be at AAC have misinterpreted the laws about MINIMUM automotive lighting set forth by the US into being NO changes made.

A lot of the things that are normal and even law today would not have been allowed by their standards today while being developed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
I just can't see why All About Circuits would have a no automotive topics rule. Circuits are circuits.
I think it's got something to do with DerStrom8's signature qoute about idiot proofing. My feeling is that if someone is old enough to own a car, they are old enough to not need some other adult deciding what's safe to do with their car. If they're old enough but not smart enough, then natural selection applies.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I think it's got something to do with DerStrom8's signature qoute about idiot proofing. My feeling is that if someone is old enough to own a car, they are old enough to not need some other adult deciding what's safe to do with their car. If they're old enough but not smart enough, then natural selection applies.

I figure it this way. You can't make anything fool proof as fools are ingenious people. That holds true from automotive electronics to home electrical to just about anything. When I see someone planning to do something I may feel is stupid or foolish I tell them my view. They wish to do it? Then cool with me as it helps clean up the gene pool. :)

Ron

All this talk about fool proofing and cleaning up the gene pool reminds me of the movie Idiocracy. Great movie; if you haven't seen it, do so soon. In the movie, the intelligent people went extinct because they made "intelligent" decisions, like waiting until they had money and means to have kids. The stupid however flourished for the opposite reason. by the time 500 years had elapsed, all the signs were no longer in printed language, but pictographs and the entire world was plastered in advertisements. The movie seems outlandish if taken at face value, but if you read into it, you can see a basis for everything. The world really is heading in the direction portrayed in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back