Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heating(High Power) Appliances on Ligting Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

What happens if i use a Heating(High Power) Appliances on Lighting Circuit, as usual these high power appliances should be used in heating circuit, but what happens if i use them in lighting circuit?

Heating Circuit & Lighting Circuit- Domestic Wiring
* H missing in Lighting *

Last edited:
may i know the differneces b/w lighting circuit wire and heating circuit wires?
and how is power consumption of Heaters etc., so high? Do they have high resistances? P= IV = I(square)R >> Lower the resistance high is the current, hence the power???

may i know the differneces b/w lighting circuit wire and heating circuit wires?
and how is power consumption of Heaters etc., so high? Do they have high resistances? P= IV = I(square)R >> Lower the resistance high is the current, hence the power???

Nothing that technical, just read the wattages off the product:

Average bulb: 60W

Electric Heater: 3000W

In the UK the lighting circuits are fed through a 5A fuse, and thinner wires, allowing a maximum of 1250W (roughly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back