Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heating and Cooling time problem (LM555)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigpig1985

I would like to use a press button to generate an instant signal, and then timer start to count and the heater will heat for 5 seconds. Within this 5 seconds, whatever I press button how many time or press down for long time, the timer will not be disturbed.
After 5 second, there are 10 seconds cooling times. Within this 10 seconds, whatever I press button how many time or press down for long time, the heater and timer will not have any response.
After 10 seconds, the system can be active again.

If I press down for very long time, the heat will heat 5 seconds then cooling 10 seconds periodically.

In fact, my final goal is replace the press button by a light sensor to turn on the system. Therefore, I need the cooling time to protect the heat over heat when the sensor is accidently covered.

Post a schematic.

How much power does the heater need?

You do know that you probably won't be able to connect it directly to the output of a 555 because the maximum current rating is only 200mA.

I would like to use a press button to generate an instant signal, and then timer start to count and the heater will heat for 5 seconds. Within this 5 seconds, whatever I press button how many time or press down for long time, the timer will not be disturbed.
After 5 second, there are 10 seconds cooling times. Within this 10 seconds, whatever I press button how many time or press down for long time, the heater and timer will not have any response.
After 10 seconds, the system can be active again.

If I press down for very long time, the heat will heat 5 seconds then cooling 10 seconds periodically.

In fact, my final goal is replace the press button by a light sensor to turn on the system. Therefore, I need the cooling time to protect the heat over heat when the sensor is accidently covered.

what heater would you like to use??even the smallest heater wont work with 555. you need to try some mechanical part also.

in fact, i consider connect a relay to switch the heater. how to choose a right relay that can connect 555 directly and switch the heater ?
( in fact, it is not a heater, it is a shape memory alloy. i connect it directly with 6V about 2A. it will heat up and change the shape. )

how to use two timer to aceive this goal? i only can make it heat for 5 seconds without any safety cooling. now if i press it continuely then heater will continuely heat up.....(i using 555 with mono stable mode)
if two 555, which two mode or any other device is needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back