Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hearing Aid Amplifier Circuit LM4916

Status
Not open for further replies.
A modern hearing aid circuit is a complicated DSP digital chip, not a simple audio amplifier.
The tiny amplifier IC that you found is used in an MP3 player to feed headphones. It is soldered by a robotic machine.

When I solder this down on a PCB. I use solder paste on the PCB, It is like a glue you put on each pad. Then stick down the part. Then the entire board is put in a oven and heated up until the solder milts. So all the pins and all the board are soldered at the same time. (I use a toaster oven)
LM4916.jpg

Cook and bake the circuit to make solder joints?
48 years ago I put car radios in an oven (but not hot enough to melt solder) to make sure they will work on a hot summer day.

I like it the IC is small, 1.5v and has few parts. U b right hearing aids r specialized 4 each person i would just build it & have FUN. :)

Have www.proto-advantage.com procure the IC from Digikey (if available) and make the DIP adapter with the component soldered. They can also supply the stencil for the application of solder paste. A board house may be able to supply a stencil for your entire board. Mylar and metal are common materials.

Hot air can also do it.

I like it , i would just build it & have FUN. :)
My son bought a Chinese "Amplified Ear". It was advertised to make distant sounds seem to be very close. But its sound was exactly the same as when it is not used so it is useless.

My son bought a Chinese "Amplified Ear". It was advertised to make distant sounds seem to be very close. But its sound was exactly the same as when it is not used so it is useless.

Too bad China has learned vague deceptive practices from the USA. The USA has mastered it.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back