Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Headphone Jack splitter schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max_Powers96

I need a schematic for a splitter so I can plug in more than one set of speakers to my computer.
Thanks

Example:System Description:
The Boostaroo® is an audio amplifier that separates the signal into individual stereo channels to drive 3 separate headsets or speakers.
Frequency Response:
The Boostaroo® employs similar output amplifiers to those found in CD players. Frequency response is equal to or exceeds specifications. Typical specifications are 20 to 20,000Hz +/- 2 dB (EIAJ CP-307 Method).

Output (@ 3VDC):
Into 16 ohm head phones (stereo mini jack), approximately 40 mW per channel, 12 dB gain in sound per channel.

Power Requirements:
3.0 VDC: Two size AA batteries are required. Use of alkaline batteries is suggested for longer playing time.

**broken link removed**

The simplest schematic for a headphone splitter is to get three stereo jacks, or two and one stereo 1/8" plug. You connect all grounds toguether, all left channels toguether, and all right channels toguether. That'll split your computer output into two.

Now, if you want to amplify your signal and split it, instead of just splitting it, building an amp is quite easy. I noticed that you put a pic of the boostaroo, which is probably the worst amp you could ever buy. You can build yourself a simple and much much better amp with the opa2132/opa2134 and dozens of others.

**broken link removed**

Thats the schematic you would use.

But if you just wanted a splitter, the first suggestion works perfect.

-Ivan C.

if you just connected the input to three outputs (your first suggestion), wouldn't the three headphones be really quiet?

i know i didn't post the original topic, but i would like to ask a couple of questions.

1) what is the switch for?
2) is there any way of making a volume control for each output
3) would I have to build two of the these (in the diag) for each output (i.e. 6 in total), or do i build one for each channel , then split it normally?
4) what sort of power supply does it use/need?
Thanks,

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back