Headache over forward reverse automated motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_cowper22

Hey all,

Been a while since I've done some real electronics and I'm having a headache with a project.

Problem: To create a circuit in which the motor turns one way to a certain angle then back the otherway to the opposite angle. I.e. Its going to the be driving force behind a head that constantly looks left to right.

My solution thus far...
To have a arm that is at a right angle attached to the drive (in this case in line with the nose on the head) when this arm gets to a micro-switch (or similar) on one side it activates it and it begins its return journey to the same setup on the other side and the chain begins again.

I have the motor with two polarities rigged up... however i think im going to need some form of relay/ control circuit for this relay.

Maybe the answer to this is obvious but im too deep within this to see it...

help please..

Many Thanks
Ben

If you can find a double-pole, double-throw (DPDT) latching relay with dual-activation coils (one for each switch), that could work... You might also look into relay-based flip-flop designs, where the switches are wired to set-reset inputs on the flip-flop, and the output of the flip-flop (on or off) activates a DPDT relay that controls the motor...

Or just go to an automobile junk yard and get a 12V windshield wiper motor.

Or, have the motor turn in one direction all the time, use a crankshaft type assembly to push a rod back and fourth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…