Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Headache over forward reverse automated motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_cowper22

Hey all,

Been a while since I've done some real electronics and I'm having a headache with a project.

Problem: To create a circuit in which the motor turns one way to a certain angle then back the otherway to the opposite angle. I.e. Its going to the be driving force behind a head that constantly looks left to right.

My solution thus far...
To have a arm that is at a right angle attached to the drive (in this case in line with the nose on the head) when this arm gets to a micro-switch (or similar) on one side it activates it and it begins its return journey to the same setup on the other side and the chain begins again.

I have the motor with two polarities rigged up... however i think im going to need some form of relay/ control circuit for this relay.

Maybe the answer to this is obvious but im too deep within this to see it...

help please..

Many Thanks
Ben

If you can find a double-pole, double-throw (DPDT) latching relay with dual-activation coils (one for each switch), that could work... You might also look into relay-based flip-flop designs, where the switches are wired to set-reset inputs on the flip-flop, and the output of the flip-flop (on or off) activates a DPDT relay that controls the motor...

Or just go to an automobile junk yard and get a 12V windshield wiper motor.

Or, have the motor turn in one direction all the time, use a crankshaft type assembly to push a rod back and fourth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back