Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Harmon Kardon phantom volume fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamangelfriend

I have an AVR 300 with a phantom volume problem (goes up and down by itself) . I haven't been able to find a fix even in the Harmon Kardon service manual. They mention it but no directions on how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

If the volume control is an encoder type switch then try disconnecting it and see if the problem still happens. It could just be a dirty or worn contact in the encoder.

My Arcam has a similar issue but only when actually turning it - it can go up or down even when you are actually just turning it down.

Agreed, such problems are almost always a faulty rotary encoder - often carefully stripping them down and cleaning them can cure it (I always give the contracts a little 'bend' as well to increase pressure).

Yup, oxidation of the contacts is the usual issue I have run across in the past. A good clean and as Nigel said, re-tension the spring contacts usually cures the problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back