Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Happy Easter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter to you too.

Tucker GA?.......I was there once many years ago.....had great moonshine!

LOL, yeah I might pick up some Ever Clear from time to time. Strickly for medicinal purposes....you know.:)

Thanks & back atchya

IIRC, Everclear is the premier legal brand of pure ethyl alcohol. It's available everywhere.
I guess you could use it to make your own liqueur like Tia Maria, but I personally don't like overproof spirits.
You get drunk too fast and you're in agony the next day.

I all moonshine made out of corn?

Last edited:
190 proof (95% pure)
It's basically a dare shot, and used for some mixed drinks that they want an extra kick in. It's also not legal in all US states. I've heard of it being in various bars around here but according to the Wikipedia entry it's illegal in NY.

Moonshine is just a term for any home made alcohol. Specifically back in the days of prohibition, you could make it out of anything pretty much, the high alcochol content is just because they distill it, I doubt it'd be drinkable as a beer.

Death and blindness was a pretty common occurrence during prohibition. No control or regulation in the process of making the alcohol.

Oh yeah, happy Easter...:)

Last edited:
I think Everclear (190 proof?) is only that strong because it's an azeotrope. If they could easily make it stronger I'm sure they would. But at 95%, who cares. Great for jello shots.

Edited to add: Yep, I google'd it. From Wiki:
A common distillation with an azeotrope is the distillation of ethanol and water. Using normal distillation techniques, ethanol can only be purified to approximately 96% (hence the 96% (192 proof) strength of some commercially available grain alcohols).

Once at a 96.4% ethanol/water concentration, the vapor from the boiling mixture is also 96.4%, therefore further distillation is ineffective. Some uses require a higher percentage of alcohol, for example when used as a gasoline additive. The 96.4% azeotrope needs to be "broken" in order to refine further.

Last edited:
No alcohol for me over this holliday!
I just ate enough to be able to feel that over indugances effects this morning!

Well there you have it! Your choice during Easter... death by crucifixtion or death by alcohol. :rolleyes:

Man, what crappy choices. Can't we just get drunk and have fun?

You could certainly get drunk into a full stupor, have the kind of fun in the process that attracts Officer John Law after you, and thereby convicted in a court of law and then sentenced to die by crucifiction. Now there, you'd have all your eggs in one basket!;)

You could certainly get drunk into a full stupor, have the kind of fun in the process that attracts Officer John Law after you, and thereby convicted in a court of law and then sentenced to die by crucifiction. Now there, you'd have all your eggs in one basket!;)

Now you know.....this thing is a bit out dated, but considering who just responded, I couldn't resist. What the ______!!!!:eek: I don't think that sounds like too good of a plan. Maybe a nice German beer will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back