Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hantek Scopes, Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Al, as for the scope model, see my first post, The scope is only about 6 mo. old and I paid around $300, so I would probably want $225. Well, I got my new function Gen and it is pretty nice. I went ahead and captured some wave forms. I will post them below. All waveforms measured into 50 ohm.

View attachment 97085 1MHz Sine wave
View attachment 97086 FFT of sine wave
View attachment 97087 1MHz Square wave
View attachment 97089 FFT of Square wave
View attachment 97090 Risetime of Square wave
View attachment 97091 Triangle wave
View attachment 97092 FFT of Triangle
View attachment 97093 AM signal preset in function Gen

Let me know if there are any other test you would like me to perform. Have a nice day :)

P.S I did see a small amount of fuzziness which I could filter out using Averaging on the scope. There seem to also be some jitter.

Hi,

Thanks Mike. At least i can see what i am dealing with from that.
I guess the smoothness is a little choppy because of the ADC they use. I guess they are all like that?
My only scope right now is a CRT type so it's a lot different, but the bandwidth is quite low.

MrAl: Don't toss that CRT scope. Mine comes in useful occasionally. For one thing, it probably doesn't emit as much RF as a modern scope. My Tektronics scope's switching power supply totally blanked out WWVB at my location.

I just got the Rigol scope and like it, but my old TEK TDS210 is easier to use. Once I learn the Rigol, I suspect it will be my #1 scope.

John

MrAl: Don't toss that CRT scope. Mine comes in useful occasionally. For one thing, it probably doesn't emit as much RF as a modern scope. My Tektronics scope's switching power supply totally blanked out WWVB at my location.

I just got the Rigol scope and like it, but my old TEK TDS210 is easier to use. Once I learn the Rigol, I suspect it will be my #1 scope.

John

Hi,

Yeah that is a good point. I recently did a quick experiment to test the Lorentz force, mostly the direction because a question came up about that on another site. What i found on the web was that people had set up BIG magnets and heavy suspended wires to show the force direction. As the current in the heavy wire was switched on, the wire experienced a force with direction and magnitude according to Lorentz. I did not feel like setting up such an elaborate contraption to test this simple law, so i set the CRT beam to a single 'dot' at the center of the screen, then held a magnet to one side after testing the magnet for what pole was north and which south. This is the same as the heavy wire scheme because the particles are electrons and so the magnetic field works the same on the electrons in the wire or in the electron beam. Sure enough, the beam was deflected DOWN as the Lorentz force formula would imply. Interesting thing is that it moves at a right angle to the magnetic field not toward or away from it as another magnet would do.
----------> Field
|
|
|
dot moved down, not right or left (the curl operation shows this behavior)

This would NEVER be possible with a 5000 dollar 2GSPS scope :)

Lack of noise generation is also something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back