Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hanns-G HU196D half dead screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

arrie

My screen started killing the left half of the picture yesterday. When it's cooled down it shows the image fine for about half a minute, until it gets temperature, then it dies again.
My gut feel is the inverter is going.. going.. gone, but I do not have anything to test with.

Can someone confirm my theory? (hint, hint - Nigel)
I also do not know if I can get spares here in good old RSA, don't know if I want to take it in to the dealer, it will be to expensive.

It's not the inverter, the tubes are horizontal, and if a tube died you would just get a slightly darker picture where the tube was - except the set would probably shut down totally because of it.

At a rough guess, I would suggest LCD panel failure, possibly the LVDS board, which is part of the panel usually.

Last edited:
Thanks Nigel.

I had a screen at work where approx. one eighth horizontal section went dead.
Replacing the inverter fixed that.
I was just hoping it would be something similar and fixable with this one.
There is a special on a BenQ 18.5 inch wide screen for a to good too pass price.
It seems I will go and get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back