Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Handy Tools to Have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you young people get a bit older, your best tool will be your glasses. I really miss the good eyesight I used to have.

Besides the soldering iron (I need a proper soldering station but I get by with my old Radio Shack iron pretty well), probably the helping hands get the most use.

Also jeweler's glasses (see my avatar). My eyes aren't really that bad but for smaller things and checking for solder gaps/bridges they are very useful.

Torben

When you young people get a bit older, your best tool will be your glasses. I really miss the good eyesight I used to have.
Yes I agree, but now I also use a lighted magnifier.

Get a temperature controlled soldering station. The MPJA units are only $50 or so and work well.

I got tired of having to aim the swing arm lamps and installed a 2 x 4 foot 3 bulb florescent light fixture over the workbench. It is a nice commercial unit with a 6 inch tall grid to diffuse the light and prevent glare.

The bulb nearest the edge of the workbench was removed to reduce the light level to where I could my computer on the next table without going blind.

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back