Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Halloween: The Moster Mash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Goodwin said:
In my opinion it's a stupid American idea that should never have migrated over here! :p
Well.....

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up King and Parliament.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

seems like a quaint local tradition.

Nigel Goodwin said:
What makes you think that?, Euro's aren't even legal tender in the UK, you wouldn't believe the hasstle trying to pay a bill in Euro's. It's actually probably easier to pay it in US dollars!.

The UK belongs to the EU, the Euro is the currency of the EU. From the outside looking in it would make sense that by now you would be using the Euro along side the pound if not in place of it.

3v0 said:
The UK belongs to the EU, the Euro is the currency of the EU. From the outside looking in it would make sense that by now you would be using the Euro along side the pound if not in place of it.

And you would be completely 100% wrong! :p

There's no sense where politics is involved!.

Papabravo said:
Well.....

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up King and Parliament.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

seems like a quaint local tradition.

Yes, but it's OUR quaint local tradition :D

Incidently, I've never seen that many lines of the rhyme, never heard it past five lines!. Mind you. I couldn't sing the national anthem past a few lines either!.

One oddity about the Euro, all the notes and most of the coins are the same in all countries, but the 1 Euro coin is different!
Look here to see the variations:
https://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https://www.usmint.gov/kids/coinNews/images/1-eurosByCountry.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.usmint.gov/kids/coinNews/theEuro.cfm&h=338&w=354&sz=32&tbnid=N4Zqf-aenn0mGM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3Deuro%2Bcoins%26um%3D1&start=3&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=3

Wow, big link!

Although the 1Euro coins are country specific, they can be spent in all countries of the euro-zone.

A couple of years ago, I was paying for a meal in Germany and the waitress on seeing my pile of odd euros from various countries took great delight in swapping some which she did not have in here personal collection for a few common German ones.
I cant remember all the coins she swapped, but the Irish ones she certainly wanted.

JimB

JimB said:
One oddity about the Euro, all the notes and most of the coins are the same in all countries, but the 1 Euro coin is different!

I didn't know that!.

The only Euro's I've seen were those I got for my daughter to go on a school sking trip to Italy - and they were just notes. I can't remember what she brought back?, but I don't recall seeing any coins.

Mind you, I keep seeing different UK coins that I've never seen before - they seem to keep issuing different ones, and I never hear anything about it.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Don't worry, if I was in Michigan I'd put razor blades and rat poison in the sweets as well! - never know, I might get lucky? :D :D :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG! Department of Homeland Security is closely watching this thread! ;)

What important British agency are there? Any? No really go ahead and speak up!

Maybe the TSCEA

Tea Sipping and Crumpet Eating Agency?

Krumlink said:
What important British agency are there? Any? No really go ahead and speak up!

The various MI agencies obviously - and there was some kind of 'FBI' type thing set up the other year - although I've not heard anything since?.

But I thnk that's really the point, they work better if they stay fairly secret and low profile.

I see the folks a FEMA had a "press conference" with FEMA employees asking questions instead of reporters. We still can't find our arses with both hands tied behind our backs!

JimB said:
Each country could choose its own images for the reverse face of the coins. You might find this page insteresting. :)

JimB said:
I cant remember all the coins she swapped, but the Irish ones she certainly wanted.
:D Yes, Irish ones are the most difficult to find!

eng1 said:
Each country could choose its own images for the reverse face of the coins. You might find this page insteresting.quote]

Yes, interesting. I did not know that all the coins had national smbols on the reverse side.
Just looking at my mini pile of euro coins, all 4.95 of it, all coins are German except the 1Euro which is French. Which is reasonably logical since my last trip to euro-land was to Germany, via Paris. Although the return was a bit of a pantomime via Paris and Amsterdam, which is a whole different story.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back