Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Halloween: The Moster Mash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just having fun living in the past.

Trick or treating is all but dead in urban areas. When we lived in the "Big City" we had maybe 30 kids all night. Mostly neighbors who knew us. We now live in a town of just over 1K people, tonight we had about 200.

Next year I would like to try my hand at animated props..

I like it. :)

The old Monster Mash song was from 1962. It sounds older.
The "one-eyed, one-horned flyin' purple people eater" song was from 1958 and I remember both of them well.

my son dressed up as a motocross dirt bike racer. He even used the mini-bike to get around last night from door to door. He got many compliments and chuckles. Last year I dressed in a borrowed Santa suit and walked the streets handing out candy. The adults got a chuckle out of it, often asking me to remember them at Christmas. However, many of the little kids were surprised and confused at seeing Santa on Halloween! One even started rattling off his Xmas wish list to me!!:rolleyes:

Lol. I have never seen anyone in a Santa costume for Halloween. Great idea though. I live in a town, we had 0 people visit. Seems like the trend in my area is to have a party instead, even though it is a safe area. People seem to be getting more isolated.

We had millions of little kids and millions of teenagers come around for a trick or treat. No medium-age kids. Again, I ran out of treats. I didn't feel like doing tricks.

an electronics enthusiat and you couldn't conjure up a trick on them for when they rang the door bell? Like maybe a flashing sign that states "out of candy - go next door!":rolleyes:

HiTech said:
an electronics enthusiat and you couldn't conjure up a trick on them for when they rang the door bell? Like maybe a flashing sign that states "out of candy - go next door!":rolleyes:

No, make a autotracking turret that shoots paintballs if they try and TP your house! :D

I passed out candy, and we live in a big neighborhood, and we only had 10 ppl visit. I then had about 100 candy bars left over. I ate about 20 that night :D

They were the big ones too, not the "fun size".

**broken link removed**

Fun size is not so fun.
The Fun size is not fun. it is sad and humiliating. You run around all night and you are rewarded with a bunch of these little tards:

**broken link removed**[/IMG]

Krumlink said:
You run around all night and you are rewarded with a bunch of these little tards:

**broken link removed**[/IMG]
Lol, don't be so ungrateful, they're under no obligation to give you anything.

In my opinion, trick or treaters should only visit people they know for both safety and moral reasons.

I've heard that in Scotland they have to actually do something to get their sweets.

There are also bylaws in some parts of the country that prohibit cold calling which makes trick or treating illegal unless you know the people and they're expecting you.

In the 80's some crazy christians would put razor blades and rat poison in the candy. THEY WERE FROM ENGLAND!!! :D

(I made the england part up :p)

Nigel Goodwin said:
Don't worry, if I was in Michigan I'd put razor blades and rat poison in the sweets as well! - never know, I might get lucky? :D :D :D

Woah!

1. I wouldnt take "sweets" from some british guy living alone at some house
2. ITS CALLED CANDY GET IT RIGHT!
3. You like to use smilies all the time!

About not being part of europe, here are some examples:
1. You were in both World Wars, which europe was heavily involved.
2. Your listed as a country in Europe.
3. You make bad movies just like Europe :p
4. England is only 24 miles from Europe

I have a question: Why does the US call English people limmeys? :D

3v0 said:
have Euros in your pocket,

What makes you think that?, Euro's aren't even legal tender in the UK, you wouldn't believe the hasstle trying to pay a bill in Euro's. It's actually probably easier to pay it in US dollars!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back