Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hall Sensor that Outputs High @ Bop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxm

I need help finding a Hall sensor that outputs high when ON to drive a PhotoMOS. I've spent several hours pouring through Digi-Key, Jameco, and Mouser. All I find available in individual quantities are sensors that output low. The only workaround I can think of is to get a hex inverter, but I don't have a whole lot of room in my application.

My power source is +5V DC, 100 mA max load. The sensor can be ominpolar or unipolar. I just need it to turn on in the presence of a magnetic field. The PhotoMOS, driven by the output of the sensor, will be used as a switch to close a circuit. I'm open to other ideas for implementation as well.

I grabbed some from Futurlec not too long ago, they act as a button when the magnetic field is near, if you apply a 'high' voltage it will be a high output when triggered

Thanks Mike, I did check Futurelec as well, and what I found there was an Allegro 3503 that still had an output null voltage (B = 0 G) at one half the supply voltage. I'm afraid that might be too much and still drive the PhotoMOS on. In my application, I need the PhotoMOS off when the magnet moves away from the sensor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back