Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Half of U.K. men would swap sex for 50-inch TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
HerbertMunch said:
Half of U.K. men would swap sex for 50-inch TV
I don't mind big screens, i mean i just wouldn't swap!

yea me neither

I'm confused... was I the only one who thought "Half of U.K. men would swap sex for 50-inch TV" meant they would become women?

Okay it's not been a good week for me...

Dawny said:
I'm confused... was I the only one who thought "Half of U.K. men would swap sex for 50-inch TV" meant they would become women?

Okay it's not been a good week for me...

lol yea I have to say sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be able to make ALL the decisions and have it my way every time

Hank - You are misinformed about the American military and it's volunteer draft, if you will. There are plenty of well educated and "normal" peeps in the service. The recruiters do not prey upon the indigent as you state. The so called indigents may be from low income/poor educational backgrounds, but that's because they view the military as a way out of their situation that could provide pay, benefits and opportunities afterwards. In fact their best recruits are from colleges and high school ROTC. Get your facts straight. I am not ignorant about such things as you may put forth. It should be a clear reality to any potential recruit that if they choose to join for whatever reasons, they face the possibility of facing battle. That's not a slam against any soldier-- just a fact of what to expect when one joins the military. In fact it signals just the opposite- one of bravery to choose to enlist regardless of world situations. How does that make me unintentionally ignorant? My so called ignorance that you claim, is your opinion and not based on objectiveness. Your comment about American Imperialism makes you sound like a another common armchair whiner. I would agree that America appears to be moving in a direction of over- intrusion into world affairs in the name of democracy. Given that I feel democracy isn't for all world nations and unless they specifically ask for our involvement, we should remain sidelined. However, it is a coalition of nations at work in the Middle East and it's very clear that America didn't throw a rope around the governments of that coalition. Afterall, not all of them chose to participate-- look at Spain - it dropped out pretty damn quick when it was threatened.
As far as our "military dictator" goes, thare are plenty of upset citizens and gov. officials who are outrages with Bush's mandate for America. I'm not enthused about our diminishing stature in the world either, and my only remedial action is to research and vote for the next presidential candidate who I hope will reverse things for us along with a friendlier foreign policy. So don't blame the citizens... we vote officials into office then too often that person(s) turns 180 on us. It takes a lot to impeach a high level gov. official and even the Democratic run Congress didn't try it over these last couple of years.

Now stop fighting Thunderchild's battles for him - He's the one that took a funny and silly survey about UK men too personal as well as interjecting irrelevant American leadership into the issue. You're looking and acting just like my "Imperialistic" government!

Last edited:
correction Mr Bush was not voted,

they were probably scared that if they did said survey in america 95 % would choose the tv (and have sex behind the salemans back but then thats not part of the official result)

like you said the only people that "join up" really do it because there is no other job ! and not because I'm chicken but i will never join up ! I'm not going to be used to peoples advantage !

Look here BLUNDERchild, as long as you continue to entertain me with your goon-babble, that's going to be your new name. G. W. Bush was most certainly voted in to his second term of office. You may have been too busy playing videogames to know that at the time. And again you're wrong about American GIs enlisting only because they have little to no other recourse available. They do it for a myriad of worthwhile reasons... and yes patriotism is one of them regardless of the pay and chances of entering into battle. Now if Mr. Hank wants to comment about "ignorance", he should be pointing the finger at you for stating: "i will never join up ! I'm not going to be used to peoples advantage !"
That right there is a real slam against all serving members of the coalition... and truly disrespectful and sacreligous against those who have died while serving. Shame, shame.:(

I'm not going to debate this issue any longer with others here, much less than with the likes of you. You hijacked this thread and steered it way off course and regrettably I allowed myself to travel down that path with you... but not any more.:mad:

HiTech said:
Now if Mr. Hank wants to comment about "ignorance", he should be pointing the finger at you for stating: "i will never join up ! I'm not going to be used to peoples advantage !"
That right there is a real slam against all serving members of the coalition... and truly disrespectful and sacreligous against those who have died while serving. Shame, shame.:(

I think handbags are in order:D
You'd have to be thick as **** to willingly join any army. These people are otherwise known as the lowest common denominators.

And as for patriotism, take a look at your patriot act! What a load of ********. Talk about handing over civil liberties!

Last edited:
like you said the only people that "join up" really do it because there is no other job ! and not because I'm chicken but i will never join up ! I'm not going to be used to peoples advantage !

You'd have to be thick as **** to willingly join any army. These people are otherwise known as the lowest common denominators.

These statements offend me. Leaving politics aside, most army, airforce or navy do not join up as a last resource. Most will join up to better themselves, see it as a career, and yes, even join to show patriotism for whatever country they live in. I know, been there.
Shame!

Please vent your "political crap" in another forum.

RetiredHal

RetiredHAL said:
These statements offend me. Leaving politics aside, most army, airforce or navy do not join up as a last resource. Most will join up to better themselves, see it as a career, and yes, even join to show patriotism for whatever country they live in. I know, been there.
Shame!

Please vent your "political crap" in another forum.

RetiredHal

i'm a pacifist and have strong views about people pointlessly killing each other.

No other animal fights its own species as we do.

I was watching david attenborough the other day on tv, he was talking about cobras.
They have a deadly bite, but they settle their mating differences by non lethal wrestling. Its a shame that we cannot conduct ourselves in a similar civilised manner as a snake.

Last edited:
You're dead wrong - there are plenty of animals that fight over turf, food, alpha leader, and yes, mating. Same reasons some humans fight over... except we include religion as another reason. Animals, birds, etc. use what nature gave them to fight. We have higher order intellect and despite the good that comes from that, we are capable of creating tools and methods to annihilate each other. Dolphins don't create and operate elaborate cousine recipes, skyscrapers, aircraft carriers, rocketships, and computers for a start!

It's ok to be a pacifist but at least be a properly informed one!

HerbertMunch said:
No other animal fights its own species as we do.
Wanna bet? Nearly all social primates are just as pugilistic (if not more so) as we are. Pacifism is all well and good as an ideal, but in the real world, it's a losing proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back