Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Half of GLCD stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbrew

Hello, I was working with my GLCD and half of it stopped working. I was changing some code to display different graphics on it, so I don't think I changed anything to affect the operation. I also tried creating a new project from scratch and I get the same behavior. When I use my ClearScreen() function i am able to turn all of the pixels on or off, but when I try to draw on half of the display, I get nothing. I have LEDs on the CS0 and CS1 and they do switch as they should for writing to the second half of the display. Is this a bad display, or did I inadvertently change something else? Thanks

If you can turn all pixels on and off then I suspect you have a software bug. Do you have an earlier backup you can try?

Mike.

Something changed either in hardware or software. Perhaps you accidentally reconfigured the GLCD for a different mode? I don't know anything about these devices but there should be some way to reset it back to factory settings, or make sure it's setup for the mode you need to be in.

Sorry, thanks for the help. I accidentally changed the wrong TRIS bit when i added in the touch screen to my project. I just wanted to make sure that I was not searching in vain if this was a common failure of KS0108 controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back