Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hair dryer fan??

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenviewjf

Hey,

Quick question wondering what do ye goes think would be a suitable material for a hair dryer fan...

All help greatly thankfull...

Plastic is normally used.

The fan motor is normally a permanent magnet DC and is connected in series with the heater but the more expensive hair dryers which have a cool setting use a mains voltage motor.

'Ya i guessed it was plastic but im more interested in what type of plastic??

Any ideas...

Like it has to have certain properties right???

You're thinking about this far too much.

I think most hairdryer fans are made from ABS, some from fibreglass reinforced plastic, I can't remember what the polymer is.

Why not just buy a fan?

How are you going to mould it?

You're thinking about this far too much. Why not just buy a fan?
Why not just buy a whole new hair dryer for as inexpensive as they are? For that matter, a second hand store or yard sale has them for a couple of dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back