Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hacking MP4 Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wanting to turn my mp4 player into a video camera also.

would there be a way to take a small video camera(like this: https://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/Misc_htm/m_mspycam.htm) and get it to record to my mp4 player?

my mp4 player has a line in for recording from a tv.

would i just connect the camera to the mp4 player and and record it like i was recording from the tv?

i think i figured it out while writing this, but just to be sure i am asking.

I don`t know about that, you`d have to get or make some sort of an adaptor to connect the two together.
And make sure that the recorder is for the same video system as the camera (PAL,...)

I guess it would work then, if the MP4 recorder has the option for recording video

Božo

If its an USB camera forget it.The camera modules mostly put out an analog signal that you can drive in those yellow round video plugs.

No the camera isn`t USB from what i saw in the link:
https://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/Misc_htm/m_mspycam.htm

As I allready posted, if the recorder has video recording rhan with the right adapter and if the standards check out there shouldnt be a big problem.

What kind of input does the recorder have? what kind of plug? Check if it is NTSC or PAL before ordering...

Božo

That yellow plug is probobly the right thing.Most of the video is transferd in this way.But this cant cary audio in it thats why there is an second plug (And third if its stereo)

SCART uses this same thing too.(It simply one of the many pins).The input may be S-video (the same thing but it has one more wire)

This is an old standard but is still used today.

Whats the video conector on your mp4 player?Or check the manual about it.

the cable with the mp4 player has the yellow(video), white(L audio), and red(R audio) on one end and a phono jack on the other end. it's slightly smaller than 1/8.

the mp4 player also has a setting in the options where you can change it from PAL to NTSC.

In that case there should be no problems connecting it all up.
Hope it all works well.

Božo

The colour camera in my new tiny cell phone also has good quality. I can actually identify a person by their image on its little screen. :roll:
I haven't figured out how to record a video yet.

You shod see how crapy the screen on an motorola a frend got as a replacment phone (He sudenly codnt charge his phone)

The pixels on that screen ware HUGE.You cod see the pixels from about 30-40 cm.So it cod barly display a picture and text.

You have to look prety hard to see pixels on my phone.

The quality of the screen on a cell phone depends on when it was made because they keep getting better. I think my new cell phone was made last week, because it was still warm when I got it (and it wasn't stolen). :lol:

Hi, Someone Electro,
My daughter got herself and me (my birthday present) a pair of Nokia 6101 cell phones for "free" by signing-up for cell phone service for 3 years. The salesman must have been very hungry to meet his quota in sales this month because he also gave her a portable DVD player for free.
The player's screen is 6" or 7" diagonal. Its tiny speakers are crap but the video and stereo effect are good. It has a pretty big and heavy battery.

I tried to use the FM stereo radio on the cell phone. The screen said, "Needs Enhancement". The enhancement is headphones where its cord is the antenna.

I tried to play a golf game on the cell phone. The ball went far out in the ocean each time.

The cell phone service allows unlimited local calls on evenings and weekends for free. We can also make unlimited calls to each other at anytime for free. They charge $.30CAN for each pic we transmit.

Frequently my daughter and I communicate by instant messaging and e-mail on our computers, on the regular phone and now by cell phone, all at the same time! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back