Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but if you need to ask such a question then you really shouldn't be building it.

It's an SMT device, Wikipedia that if you don't know.

The pins marked: D connect to the Drain, S to the Source and G to the Gate, what else would it be, it's clearly indicated on the diagram?

To make sure the resistance is low enough you need to use all the pins.

As I told you before: DO NOT USE THE COMPONENTS I PUT ON THE DIAGRAM. I wish I hadn't included the part numbers.

Last edited:
I'll give you a clue: it's drawn upside down.

Last edited:
Thank you! was a good light! : P

can understand turning the scheme on the contrary!

What I realized is that to do a shunt on pins 5,6 and 7;
and pins 1,2 and 3 also have to do a shunt

Originally Posted by Mike odom
AND it's running a motor, not a resistive load.
It's standard practise on schematics to replace the device being driven with RL.

It might not be driving a motor, it could be a latching relay coil or even a speaker.

yes but then they operate differently.
Resistive loads place nice. inductors and capacitors don't.

The only thing I would change is to put a 1K between each 7204 gate and the corresponding drains.
Why do you suggest that?

Because the 12V is too close to the absolute max ratings. I might even make it a 2K. And there's just something creepy about hooking a gate (all exposed like) to a motor winding, or any exposed I/O pin for that matter. Since these are FETs, do you think someone should tell him about ESD and proper handling and all that?

I thought the fact that the FETs were smt packages was a plus, but somehow forgot the level of the project. You are absolutely right, moonstreat needs to pick a TO-92 or even a TO-220 package.

moonstreat: add TO-220 to your parametric search parameters.

Last edited:
Because the 12V is too close to the absolute max ratings. I might even make it a 2K.
That makes sense.

I'd choose some MOSFETs with a gate voltage rating of 20V.

And there's just something creepy about hooking a gate (all exposed like) to a motor winding, or any exposed I/O pin for that matter. Since these are FETs, do you think someone should tell him about ESD and proper handling and all that?
The internal MOSFET diodes should provide some protection but I'd add some protection diodes if I had any doubts.

I changed the circuit to include more sensible MOSFETs.

I only did this because I need it to post in another thread and I decided to modify it.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back