Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

h bridge help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just testing it with the supply i will use the battery after wards ok i will try it with the battery also what should i do to make the circuit better is there any other thing i must change

i was just testing it with the supply i will use the battery after wards ok i will try it with the battery also what should i do to make the circuit better is there any other thing i must change

Get rid of the old fashioned low current transistors and use modern powerful Mosfets as high current switches.

Take a look at this one:

See if you can find some big N & P FETs.

Attachments

• fet h.png
    fet h.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 166
is there any need to use IR2110 ??? or should i amplify the voltage by B.J.T`s to turn on mosfet as the drive signal will be very low voltage say Max 5V from controller and would it be better if i use IRF3205 mosfet?

The IR2110 bootstraps the drive voltage to the upper Mosfets that can be N-Channel so that the gate is driven to almost double the supply voltage.

An IRF3205 Mosfet needs 10V from gate to source to fully turn on. Then you need a transistor level shifter circuit to amplify the 5V from the MCU to about 12V for the lower Mosfets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back