H bridge driver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinayak

hi
i am looking for a H-bridge driver circuit for a 12v,10A dc motor. I would like to know if it is better to use only MOSFETS or use a combination of MOSFETS and relay and optocouplers. Please could you help me out by giving me the specific MOSFET and other components to be used.
thankyou

hello
i have to ask for the above h bridge quote which u submited here... if u got any ideaq about 10-15 amp h bridge circuits regarding components then plz share it.
thanks

You mean a driver to drive the MOSFETs of your H-bridge? If so, then I need to know if you are using P or N-channel. If N-channel, there are so many mosfet gate drivers like IR2181, IR2184, IR21844. I prefer you use the last one because it has the possiblity of programming dead time (to prevent shoot-through) b/w the MOSFETs of one arm in your H-bridge.
If using a microcontroller, then optocoupling could be good. If your pcb is well designed however, to prevent EMI, u can connect directly to the gate driver input.
Best regards
ed

Hi
Does the DC Motor have one or two direction.If one,I suggest using N-ch mosfet.if two,it is better to use P-ch and N-ch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…