H-bridge driver board with input for direction

Erhy

Hello!
Want to use the board Seeed Studio XIAO ESP32-S3 Sense to control 4 motors.
In my last project I used the ESP32-Cam board with ESP32-S.

Because the ESP32-S3 has only 8 PWM channels, whereupon the camera software use 1 PWM channel
I seek for a H-Bridge Driver Board, with only one PWM input for speed and one logical input for direction.

The supply ist from 2 LiPo ( ~ 7.2 V )
The output current should be at least 5 Ampere.

Thank you for discussion
Erhy

search term add "motor control" and if using aggressively, consider adding surge current load specs and cooling

Since you have loosely defined specs, I assume you don't want cheapest or low efficiency bipolar types and have not specified protection features or budget, I suggest you look for boards with dual half bridges and modify to use better heatsinks or forced air cooling. A good IC is the Infineon half-bridge with vertical P,N DFETS 10, 20 mOhms https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infin...fileId=db3a304412b407950112b43945006d5d&ack=t
so search for boards with dual BTS790 and modify to suit your cooling and protection needs.
read the user feedback and do not believe marketing specs like 43A

Last edited:
Thank You for the link.
Now it occurred to me:
I could dynamically change the pin assignment on the ESP32 board by program, that instead of 2 PWM GPIOs only one GPIO with ledcAttachPin() ist used and the pin for the other direction is disabled with ledcDetachPin() and set to 0 with digitalWrite(GPIO, 0). I still have to experiment whether such a redefining works

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…