H-Bridge Circuit question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

HI All ,

i'm building H-Bridge circuit for my robot , and i got the schematic from a book i have ,

just i have one question about this circuit....i have two terminals for the signal ,so how i'll connect them .

will i connect the signal terminals to VCC and GND , or just 5 V ,

could you look at the file and tell me ?

and what does the word 'power supply is single ended' means?

will this circuit work with a DC motor of 12 Volt ?

Attachments

• H-Bridge.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 424
watzmann said:
HI All ,

i'm building H-Bridge circuit for my robot , and i got the schematic from a book i have ,

just i have one question about this circuit....i have two terminals for the signal ,so how i'll connect them .
Forward Control and Reverse Control are used to make the motor go forward or backwards. These are the signals that cause motor control.

watzmann said:
will i connect the signal terminals to VCC and GND , or just 5 V
The HBridge is powered by the +V and GND from you battery. The HBridge GND must be tied to the controller GND. The HBridge V+ can be hooked to VCC on the controller or it can be from a separate motor battery.
watzmann said:
and what does the word 'power supply is single ended' means?
It means the supply provides a V+ and a GND. A two ended supply would have V+, GND, and V-.
watzmann said:
will this circuit work with a DC motor of 12 Volt ?
That would be NO, unless your signal from the controller (Froward Control / Reverse Control) are also at 12 V when high. I am thinking that with this setup the HBridge V+ can not be greater then the controller VCC. One of the analog guys will speak up if this is wrong.

This site will help you will

**broken link removed**
its my friend project he made it on calculations and its work will.

Warning

watzmann said:
i built my original one and it worked very well ....

With this circuit, your logic must make it impossible to put a high in both imputs at the same time. - If they are both high then all 4 transistors will be on, and there will be a lot of current, heat and smoke

Also, the power supply must be protected against short circuits - Add a fuse in the bridge's +V lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…