Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge Circuit question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

HI All ,

i'm building H-Bridge circuit for my robot , and i got the schematic from a book i have ,

just i have one question about this circuit....i have two terminals for the signal ,so how i'll connect them .

will i connect the signal terminals to VCC and GND , or just 5 V ,

could you look at the file and tell me ?

and what does the word 'power supply is single ended' means?

will this circuit work with a DC motor of 12 Volt ?

Attachments

• H-Bridge.jpg
    H-Bridge.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 423
watzmann said:
HI All ,

i'm building H-Bridge circuit for my robot , and i got the schematic from a book i have ,

just i have one question about this circuit....i have two terminals for the signal ,so how i'll connect them .
Forward Control and Reverse Control are used to make the motor go forward or backwards. These are the signals that cause motor control.

watzmann said:
will i connect the signal terminals to VCC and GND , or just 5 V
The HBridge is powered by the +V and GND from you battery. The HBridge GND must be tied to the controller GND. The HBridge V+ can be hooked to VCC on the controller or it can be from a separate motor battery.
watzmann said:
and what does the word 'power supply is single ended' means?
It means the supply provides a V+ and a GND. A two ended supply would have V+, GND, and V-.
watzmann said:
will this circuit work with a DC motor of 12 Volt ?
That would be NO, unless your signal from the controller (Froward Control / Reverse Control) are also at 12 V when high. I am thinking that with this setup the HBridge V+ can not be greater then the controller VCC. One of the analog guys will speak up if this is wrong.

Warning

watzmann said:
i built my original one and it worked very well ....

With this circuit, your logic must make it impossible to put a high in both imputs at the same time. :D :D - If they are both high then all 4 transistors will be on, and there will be a lot of current, heat and smoke :eek: :eek:

Also, the power supply must be protected against short circuits - Add a fuse in the bridge's +V lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back