Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GTP Programmer LITE

Status
Not open for further replies.
:):):):):):):):):):);):mad::eek::(
theo92 will both get together and fight with this holy Armageddon lol.

:(No:):) you wrong. I ended the holy Armageddon. I was just thinking wrong and to much weary after the battle. But I still :)ing and making the PK2 full. and a new PCB layout.:p

even bill says not to use the 2N7000 which needs a lots of search to find.

Again a thing, will I need to use pin 1,28,27,22,21,18,17,13,6 of 2550 which are directly connected to CON3 ?

I decided to build PK2SE or the junebug. It needs just some things to add with PK2 Lite.

Bill, you helped us in a very kinda way.

But this line, I understand. You wanna tell not to use the 2N7000. If we don't use it, the pin no. 24 (TGT_N) of 18F2550 no more need to be connected to 2N7000's G pin. Am I right?

If I use only the BS250P,not the 2N7000 can I be able to program the troublesome 8 pin PICs with INTOsc and internal MCLR on ?It's not a problem to add it, but it's a problem to get it.

Can you tell me,

Can I use 2N2222A or BC548 or BC547 in place of 2N3904 ?
Can I use 2N2907A or Bc558 in place of 2N3906?
Normally, You can use common NPN and PNP trans. In Vietnam case, I used C1815 and A1015 (common trans) for my PicKit2 SE and it work fine. I used 470uH inductor.
I attach my PicKit2 SE design for sharing. Both sch and pcb I designed by ORCAD soft.
Thank blueroomelectronics for your design

Attachments

• PICKit2_ORCAD.zip
    56.5 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
theo92 where are you? Did you make that JUNEBUG eagle pcb layout?

I didn't make it yet. Somehow I need to make that.Bcuz I need to attend to 3V0's PIC class.

Did you manage to work out?

Hoping a reply soon.

Last edited:
No, I'm still alive....stilll.....and still......

A 200 meter cable theft disconnected me from my lover internet for 10 days. And I got it back now.

Soyza, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry to tell you that. I know you have waited for my reply for a long time.

Now, come to the PCB, I've checked it,

1:- It's great.
2:- It's great.
3:- It's great.

But the things should be noticed:

1: If we use a general crystal, it needs two capacitor (22pF-33pF), but your PCB doesn't include it. I've fixed it.

2: the transistors in the main schematic were 2N390x which has a E-B-C layout. If we wanna use any other transistor instead we've to look carefully because it should be a C-B-E type. Your PCB is correct.

3: You placed a USB-A conector. But I think we should main the standard rule using a USB-B connector. Though if we use USB A for better availability, no complain there.

4: You forget to put C5 between U5V and ground.

5: C1 is a electrolytic capacitor. you used a non-polar instead. i used a electrolytic cap from eagles rcl libary.

I'll mail you the modified PCB soon.:)

Anyone know if the Junebug can be made to support 3v target devices?

There appears to be something in the PicKit2 schematic for adjusting target Vdd voltage. Is there anyway to use that signal to enable a 3v LDO regualtor onto the Vdd supply line before the Vdd switching transistor?

How about the ICSPDAT and ICSPCLK lines? Do they support 3v targets?

Mike

As long as the target is selfpowered and the PGC & PGD pins are not analog pins you can just hook it up directly (the digital only pins are 5V tolerant)

Else a pair of 1N5817 diodes from target power to PGC & PGD will work like a charm.

OK,

As the schematic, PICKIT2 Lite is from a trusted source, Blueroom Electronics, I'd request it's creator Blueroom electronics about his schematic PICKit 2 lite.

Please Blueroomelectronics please, tell me about your PICKit 2 LITE schematic which I attached...Is it correct? Please tell me the differences between PICKit2 LITE and PICKit 2 full/junebug .:)

can pickit2 lite be used as a debugger?

Can the PICKIT2 Lite program the PICS like 12F675 with both MCLR OFF + INTOSC = ON?

I think NO. Because it needs vpp before vdd voltage, PICKIT 2 Lite doesn't eqipped with this feature.

I advice everybody to go for Junebug. It has everything that we ever need. I'll build it between 15 days. Then I'll let you know the result.

Hi theo92 I saw your comments thanks for that.

I see your modification file in eagle.I'm not happy with your pad size because you will get really hard to solder them.They are too small.

Regarding that XTAL & BJT are commonly available here.Thats why I put 3pin XTAL & 2N39XX series. Also the design gets compact if you use 3 pin ones.

I'll call you regarding this matter, I'll also making that within 15 days time.These days I'm doing a serious program so I cannot shift my mind to some other :D

Hi theo92 I saw your comments thanks for that.

I see your modification file in eagle.I'm not happy with your pad size because you will get really hard to solder them.They are too small.

Regarding that XTAL & BJT are commonly available here.Thats why I put 3pin XTAL & 2N39XX series. Also the design gets compact if you use 3 pin ones.

I'll call you regarding this matter, I'll also making that within 15 days time.These days I'm doing a serious program so I cannot shift my mind to some other

Thanks Gayan, Can you please explain
I'm not happy with your pad size because you will get really hard to solder them

Which pad did you refer? please tell me, I'm going to print it out for a toner transfer.

TO Everybody, Can somebody please share me any kind of PIC based Line following robot project details. I had a dream to make this thing.

Last edited:
I made a PICkit 2 board follow Junebug lite's schematic (I added 10K resistor at pin 1). I use firmware PK2V023200 and PICkit 2 v2.52 program.

But when I connect my PICkit 2 board to USB port, the PICkit 2 program announce the error:

"PICkit 2 VPP voltage level error".

I checked my board to sort, but no one.

Please help me!

I made a PICkit 2 board follow Junebug lite's schematic (I added 10K resistor at pin 1). I use firmware PK2V023200 and PICkit 2 v2.52 program.

But when I connect my PICkit 2 board to USB port, the PICkit 2 program announce the error:

"PICkit 2 VPP voltage level error".

I checked my board to sort, but no one.

Please help me!

Go to tools on the main menu and run trouble shoot to see what it thinks VPP is, it should also tell you what VDD is.

Go to tools on the main menu and run trouble shoot to see what it thinks VPP is, it should also tell you what VDD is.

In step 1: verify Vdd.
"An external voltage was detected on the VDD pin at 5.00 V". (I don't connect any target board)

I see that in the Junebug lite's schematic, the VDD pin is already connected to 5V (pin 1 of usb port).

In step 2: verify Vpp
"Test failed:
Short detected.

A short or very heavy load on VPP was detected, and VPP was shut off.
"

I don't know where wrong is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back