Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbm

Hi! I am a beginers pIC developments circuits and I work in an GSM alarm whit PIC 16F84A and an telephone sony ericsson T226 or K300a. I test both whit hyperterminal of windows and work ok! receives and sent ok the AT Commands, displays the correct string on the screen, but when I try to probe whit PIC the sony ericsson dont receive the AT commands. I use a subroutine for transmit AT commands to the phone at 9600 bps. How is the correct way to send characters ASCII? ..... MOVLW "A" , CALL XMIT_RS232 , MOVLW "T" , CALL XMIT_RS232 and so on.?? please help me.

thanks in advance
jose

I think that problem could be in the connection of the pic to the phone, someone can tell me a circuit between a pic and a cell phone T226??

Last edited:
The basic idea you have is right, to transmit each character in turn.

I assume that you have some sort of level converter.

Some GSM phones are very sensitive to the timing of the serial port. A 16F84 is a bad choice of PIC, as it doesn't have a EUSART, so you have to be bit-bashing.

If you use a 16F628A, it is cheaper, and it has a EUSART.

You can monitor what the PIC is sending to the GSM phone with hyperterminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back