Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

grounding methods for audio circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

after going over several different circuits I find that grounding the input of op amps varies.w/ diode, w/resistor, w/cap, just ground it.
I attached a sch. of the EQ filter section as well as several different grounding methods
which is perfered??
also on the subject of grounds-should I keep all the audio grounds seperate from power grounds? something called star grounding?
note the amp for this circuit is totally seperate from the EQ circuit-a seperate componet.
yhe EQ circuit has its own power supply on board. Thinking maybe put on a pcb all its own

Attachments

• op amp grounding.jpg
    op amp grounding.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 263
  • eq 2.gif
    eq 2.gif
    141.8 KB · Views: 246
Only one of those four is 'grounding' the rest all have different purposes - with the diode example being particularly obscure.

What you use depends entirely on the circuit configuration (and purpose).

using the attached gif

using the attached gif pic of the circuit, I want to ground all the power grounds together and all the audio grounds together but seperate from the power grounds, if possible?

no real power grounds??

there are 6 LM837 op amps with pin 4=12v+, pin 11=12V- and pins 3,5,10 &12 going to ground
Maybe I missed something??
ran across an artical about star grounding where I think all the audio grounds are seperate from power grounds.
Perhaps inserting a diode where the audio grounds connect to the grounds? I understand this method used to be common practice.??

MrDEB said:
there are 6 LM837 op amps with pin 4=12v+, pin 11=12V- and pins 3,5,10 &12 going to ground
Maybe I missed something??
ran across an artical about star grounding where I think all the audio grounds are seperate from power grounds.
Perhaps inserting a diode where the audio grounds connect to the grounds? I understand this method used to be common practice.??

No, you've not got a 'power' ground, the opamps are powered from pin 4 and pin 11 only.

I've no idea what you are on about with the diode?.

Your concerns about star grounding are to do with power amplifiers, where there may be large currents passing through the ground tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back