Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Grounding a locate set

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDoggy2

My locate set runs on 8,32 & 64 khz, and operates on a ring clamp where there is an intact wire and i am clamping where signal can travel to ground both ways on the wire. Another method of connection is where i clip a positive lead on to the end of a tracer wire and put a spike in to the ground for my ground connection.
So basically I cannot ring clamp on a tracer wire if i am at the end point where the wire is floating. Maybe i could run the end of tracer wire to ground spike and ring clamp on, but i have never tried that.
My problem though is that sometimes the endpoint of tracer wire is in the middle of a cement pad where grounding is impossible.
My question is, is there somthing that i can use so that i can provide enough ground electrons to supply my ground connection so that i can get the signal down the tracer wire when i cannot use ground spike?
The way i imageine it is that my tracer wire is like my antenna and my ground is ground for it. so could i turn this tracer wire antenna to a dipole antenna that doesnt need ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back