Grounding a locate set

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDoggy2

My locate set runs on 8,32 & 64 khz, and operates on a ring clamp where there is an intact wire and i am clamping where signal can travel to ground both ways on the wire. Another method of connection is where i clip a positive lead on to the end of a tracer wire and put a spike in to the ground for my ground connection.
So basically I cannot ring clamp on a tracer wire if i am at the end point where the wire is floating. Maybe i could run the end of tracer wire to ground spike and ring clamp on, but i have never tried that.
My problem though is that sometimes the endpoint of tracer wire is in the middle of a cement pad where grounding is impossible.
My question is, is there somthing that i can use so that i can provide enough ground electrons to supply my ground connection so that i can get the signal down the tracer wire when i cannot use ground spike?
The way i imageine it is that my tracer wire is like my antenna and my ground is ground for it. so could i turn this tracer wire antenna to a dipole antenna that doesnt need ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…