Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Great Forum !

Status
Not open for further replies.

eageshadow

This looks like a really nice forum. I realize many of us say this, but the 'net was so different back in the '90's ! Everyone and his brother didn't want a dollar
or more for everything, and there were so many things that were free.
Try finding anything, just almost anything, nowadays, and a search engine sends you straight to a retailer, wholesaler, or someone selling something.
Same if you're looking for information on older appliances, or even new ones.
I started out a long time back when a 1st class FCC license actually meant something, plus I worked at TI in the early '70's outside of Houston, TX. I used to love to build all types of electronic projects, but LSI and throw-away everything just about ended that. It's still fun to work on things around the house though, especially electromechanical things. I guess to me that's a challenge, because usually, the manufacturer doesn't want anyone working on them except a 'certified' tech.
I'm having a small problem right now with a Genie model 209 garage door opener. This was an old opener that was given to me that's practically new, but the 3 wires that come out of the box were loose, and the receiving unit was separate from the main unit. I'm trying to figure out how the unit connects. Anyway, hopefully I'll be on more often and get to know some members here. Surely many of us have the spirit of building something ourselves and the pride that goes with it.

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find lots of forum posters have similar likes to yourself and also some with similar backgrounds.

Mike.

If it's like mine there are usually numbers on the receiver that should correspond to the same numbers on the main unit. Have you checked the Genie web site? Usually manufacturers have free manual downloads for their equipment.

Gary
KTX5JG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back