Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Graphics LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its an LCD with Graphic capabilities. Some come with controllers, some don't.

Some are backlit, some aren't
Some require a large negative LCD drive voltage, others don't.
Some will only work between 0 degrees and 50 degrees, others have an extended temperature range

Generally you buy them in electronics stores and you can download a datasheet with the driving specs from there.

Thanks.

I worked on lcd 16x2 , 20x4 programming & interfaced with pic16f877a. Got the successfull result.

But now i need to work by using graphics lcd (640x480). I need some information about this i mean commands etc. how to interface with dspic33f? etc.

Thanks & Regards,
Laxmi

You will need to look at the data sheet for the graphics LCD that you are using. It will tell you the pin voltages expected so you can select appropriate dsPIC pins (e.g. do the pins need to be 5V tolerant in which case you need to use the 5V-tolerant pins,or does the LCD work at the 3.3V the dsPIC uses so you can use any of the IO pins).

It will also tell you the commands you need to issue to the graphics LCD device (also have a look at the MicroChip web site as there are some examples that use a graphics LCD - might be the same one as yours but it may give you some ideas)

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back