Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Google Chrome address bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroRF

Hi,

I just recently moved to Google Chrome from Internet Explorer.

There's a thing bothers me in G-Chrome.

In IE, I could "open up" the address bar and scroll through the recent addresses I visited.

I don't manage to do the same in G-Chrome, I can't open up the address bar.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

----
EDIT:

Found the needed Extension for that in G-Chrome website.
Just google: Drop down list of most visited links.
:)

Last edited:
To the right of your address bar there is a little wrench, click History in there, or use the default keyboard shortcut of Control+H to bring up the History tab.

Since you are new, I will add that "ctrl+shift+o" will give you your bookmarks in one step.

The one thing I don't like the most is the way Chrome handles bookmarks.

John

Last edited:
electroRF said:
scroll through the recent addresses I visited.

jpanhalt this has nothing to do with bookmarks, what the OP text was about was clearly related to recent history.

Last edited:
I personally have no problem with Google Chrome or any of it's features, it's menu interface is a little different, once you adjust to that it's the same as any other browser. I still use Firefox from time to time (my wife hasn't upgraded) and IE at work (because their PC systems are obsolete) And I've never had a better browser experience than Chrome.

@Sceadwian
Quite obviously you missed this part of my reply,
Since you are new, ...

I thought it was something that might help a new user. I apologize if you found it offensive. Maybe a moderator will decide to erase it for being off topic.

John

Last edited:
I didn't find it offensive or even off topic, but you responded outside of the original posters scope.

Think of it like commenting on a car engine, and then someone goes 'you know you can also tweak the trunk space using this...'

It's technically on topic, but not what would benefit the specific request of the original poster.

If we can't answer the first post first (acknowledged by them), more information is a detriment, though I'm sure they will be thankful for the additional information in this case it is not specifically asked for.

One..... step.... at... a.. time.

Last edited:
The post as it stands is perfectly fine, everyone makes mistakes and there's no reason to hide them, I can't hide mine that's for sure and I've been taken to task for them many times! ElectroRF has all the information they need and may ask for more after digesting it, or is probably just now happily using his browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back