Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Googl the BEAM Light seeker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

I was working on a walking robot body, when I put on the rear motor/legs I saw that it stood up really well with a wheel put on it, so I decided to make it into a BEAM light seeker, just because of the simplicity and ease of it, not to mention the thrill of others seeing a light tracking robot, even though they dont know it is such a simple circuit! :D

Using the traditional BEAM light tracking robot and IR LED's, I completed it in under 30 minutes, a record :p

**broken link removed**

I took the e off google, as a joke for lawsuit purposes :D

As for operation, for a demonstration to a 7 year old, it picks up light we cant see (IR), light we can see, and light itcant see (UV)

some pikz

Attachments

• 03-14-08_1611.jpg
    03-14-08_1611.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 619
  • 03-14-08_1612.jpg
    03-14-08_1612.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 333
  • 03-14-08_1613.jpg
    03-14-08_1613.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 413
  • 03-14-08_1614.jpg
    03-14-08_1614.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 353
comments? tips for future robots? General bustle?

NOTE: I BUILT THIS BECAUSE I CAN AND I HAD TEH PARTS, AT NO POINT WAS IT CHALLENGING!!!

(Points finger at nigel :p)

Cool little robot. Now modify it to use a solar panel.:D

This one would produce some interesting behavior, but it probably isn't powerful enough judging from the size of your motor and 'bot:
**broken link removed**

Best of luck, and nice camera work! (Finally...:p )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back