Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good 555 timer tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also like ecelab.com/circuit-astable-555.htm when you get better it has formulas for finding the frequency of the square wave

This is my favorite 555 timer tutorial:

Tony vanRoon's site from Univ. of Guelph is without a doubt the most colorful electronics site on the Internet! It's very pretty!:rolleyes:

Ditto on that tut;)

Thought I had deja-vu for a moment. If I started searching on that Can part number again, I would have just walked away.....lol Email alerts can be confusing it seems..haha

-BaC
Tony vanRoon's site from Univ. of Guelph is without a doubt the most colorful electronics site on the Internet! It's very pretty!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Absolutely, it got me started with Digital electronics (I did a simple counter thingy, working with the 74LS47 and the 74LS90, with the ne555 providing the Astable)

:DNice one Usif, takes me back to my childhood, building binary up/down counters-to-7 segment displays, my mother would show off to her friends with my magical creations

Who needs a 555 now that microcontrollers are cheap.
Last time I checked, the cheapest 555 is cheaper than the cheapest micro and can directly drive relays

If all you want to do is flash an LED, beep a piezo or turn a relay on for ten seconds a 555 is perfect. I wouldn't even consider a micro for something so basic, unless there are other requirements.

You'd have to be pretty silly to use an MCU if all you want is a 30 second timer relay or a flashing LED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back