Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good 555 timer tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero999

Banned

Attachments

• 555 Timer Tutorial.pdf
    76.7 KB · Views: 8,604
It would be somewhat easier to make BEAM Bots and stuff like that with it, seeing as it has long leads on it :)

Nothing, it's just some people think it looks cool.

Does anyone have a pic of the round 555 package?

I just did a google image search and could not find one.

?

Nope sorry, not off-hand. It looks like a metal can with an 8-pin DIN type pattern.

-BaC
I will look around, but I am not sure if I will get anything.

Does anyone have a pic of the round 555 package?

I just did a google image search and could not find one.

?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet they're worth a bit of money.

I've got some metal can µA741s but I've never seen a metal can NE555 before.

I have build a circuit (shown in the attachment) from one of the tutorials above and am now playing around with the timings by changing the values of R1 and R2. What I want ideally is a short on time (say 1 second or less) and a long off time (say 5 seconds or more). But at the moment I seem to only be able to increase or decrease them both - any ideas?

Attachments

• 555fig12.gif
    555fig12.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,034
If you just want to power an LED then connect it from pin 3 to +V instead of 0V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back