Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GLCD KS0108 Dummy read. When? Once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
The datsheet of the KS0108 mentions the need of a dummy read whose results should be discarded.

My questions:

A) This dummy read is to be done:

Just the first time I read RAM data, after a reset?

Every time I want to read data from RAM?

The first time after reset and the first time after any write?

B) What materializes the second reading? In other words: just bringing the E pin high and then low again, generates the second reading?

Gracias for any help.

The dummy read tells the controller to fetch the actual data and make it available for the next read. The data fetch takes time and so you should check the busy flag before doing the next read. You only need a dummy read at the start of a read sequence.

I posted example code here.

Mike.

Assembler only.

Thanks Pommie.

It is a pity but I work in Assembler only.

Richard.C worked a lot on the KS0108 in asm to help me. I have some sample asm code that we eventually finshed that you are welcome to.

If that means that I have the chance to have a look, good. Could you post it?
Gracias for that.

/Edit
Hola Bryan,

I found some code but it is for a display with serial inerface. I made a copy to give a look at it later.

Gracias.

/Edit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back