Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Glad i found this site !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Al M.,

Let me take a minute to say Hi too. It's nice to see people interested in this stuff.

You are in luck with this as a hobby because there are plenty of people on the web who like to help others with this kind of thing and also like to build stuff themselves. After i left the industry i built a number of my own projects too mostly test equipment with the purpose of having it so i could build even better test equipment and better projects :)
I liked building my own test equipment because most of the stuff i wanted was really expensive so building it saved me a lot of money.
You'll find lots of projects online and even right here, and lots of advice, and low cost parts in places on the web noted in the appropriate thread right here in this forum too. You can get parts pretty cheap these days.

I might suggest that you look into microcontroller projects, because those allow the most versatile projects for the lowest cost comparatively speaking. They can be very interesting too and have a very broad application range. That's not to say that you should not also look into regular transistor type circuits too though, and even op amp circuits, because they have applications spanning into almost every area of electronics in one way or another.

So good luck with your endeavor, and dont forget us members here at ETO will always lend a hand whenever we can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back