Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Getting rid of toner after etching

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattg2k4

As kind of a practice run I etched a simple 555 circuit into a board using the laser printer method. Now I have a nicely etched board, but using the "Resist Ink Solvent" from the radioshack etching kit (I think it's just rubbing alcohol) I am having a very difficult time getting the toner off. I've spent several minutes scrubbing it with a toothbrush submerged and out of the solvent, but there's still lots of toner left. What's the best way to remove toner from the board?

edit: Never mind, I found the scouring pad in the RS kit, which did a much better job of getting the toner off, though it did take a bit of copper with it :( but nothing a little solder can't fix.

You could try something a little stronger, like acetone (nail polish remover). That removes most inks quite well.

removing toner

This page has some good ideas on making pc boards using the toner mehod:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back