Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Genuine MC44608 availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hi folks
I've a huge problem looming. The MC44608 Switch Mode control IC is no longer available here in genuine form. Fake rubbish available only.
About 70 percent of my reliable repairs are with Sansui and Tedelex 74 and 54 cm sets. Tubes never age, boards good....but a vital spare like the the MC44608 has become a problem.

If a good set comes in and the MC44608 is blown.... there is nothing I can do to save it :(:(:(

I've checked the Internet. Mouser site does not help much here. RS don't stock them anymore.

Found this place in England:**broken link removed**
/product.pl?pid=561371

Anyone know where we can find these at a reasonable price?
We're about desperate here

Tv

If I find a reliable source we will make a plan to buy all they have available.

Check your old spares bins guys... scratch and check.

Tvtech

Checked my bins and a small parts bin that was picked up from the kerb outside an electronics store last year - no joy.
Also checked my datasheets folder, to see if there may have been any pulled from boards in the past - no joy.

Sorry mate.

Check on Octopart. There are a lot of variants listed. Here is a small supply of the first one I looked at.

SmartSelect_20190630-090829_Firefox.jpg

Thanks guys. We are after the P40 variant. Will check out Octopart and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back