Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generate the G-code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

here is doing a little research, I see that I will not use the 8051 and raspberry pi because it is too complicated

so what I would like to do is to control my CNC with an Arduino without the library GRBL that already exists .. it is to simply write in C language on arduino to control my CNC with atmel studio.

I would like not to rely on the GRBL library.
The arduino is ready made... Just buy the board, shield, power suppy.. C code is written and well tested.. I have been using it for years.
I hook it up to a PC and send the Gcode to the Arduino.... Very simple..

Hello,

well, I found a person who wrote a program (Arduino) who interprets the g-code and drives drives .. So, I'm happy but I'd like to turn this program into C language.

Is there a way?

Here is the code:

Thank you !

Attachments

• code_modifier1.ino
    23 KB · Views: 239
To begin with real microcontrollers are with optimized hardware for "C", not "C++" not "Python". Transitioning between languages (porting) can be very difficult. Raspberry Pi is not so close to the hardware as it is to operating system programming.

This chip is very easy to use: LM293D.
It can control 2 motors in both directions, it has "enable pin" and the programming is easy. Here is the project:
https://www.instructables.com/id/L293D-Motor-Driver/

If you don't like it, pick a similar chip.

Option:
If you can not transition the programming, put a middle microcontroller -> Firtst MCU interface to -> Second middle MCU with interface to -> What you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back