Generate the G-code

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arduino is ready made... Just buy the board, shield, power suppy.. C code is written and well tested.. I have been using it for years.
I hook it up to a PC and send the Gcode to the Arduino.... Very simple..

Hello,

well, I found a person who wrote a program (Arduino) who interprets the g-code and drives drives .. So, I'm happy but I'd like to turn this program into C language.

Is there a way?

Here is the code:

Thank you !

Attachments

• code_modifier1.ino
    23 KB · Views: 249
Hello,

well, I found a person who wrote a program (Arduino) who interprets the g-code and drives drives .. So, I'm happy but I'd like to turn this program into C language.

Is there a way?

Yes, I often do it, you manually convert and rewrite the code to C.

To begin with real microcontrollers are with optimized hardware for "C", not "C++" not "Python". Transitioning between languages (porting) can be very difficult. Raspberry Pi is not so close to the hardware as it is to operating system programming.

This chip is very easy to use: LM293D.
It can control 2 motors in both directions, it has "enable pin" and the programming is easy. Here is the project:
https://www.instructables.com/id/L293D-Motor-Driver/

If you don't like it, pick a similar chip.

Option:
If you can not transition the programming, put a middle microcontroller -> Firtst MCU interface to -> Second middle MCU with interface to -> What you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…