Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GE Pre-lit Christmas Tree - Adapter help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the smarts are not in this wall unit. I did determine that the only time the smarts work is with the foot switch, so I conclude that the smarts are on the underside of the foot switch.
This isn't necessarily true. The switch is just a switch, and it's likely just connected to two extension wires that lead back to the main unit. It's only brought out so that the user can press the button without getting right under the tree.
I also believe that each bulb has two LED's with opposite polarity because the foot switch reverses the polarity of the voltage to the tree. When it reads +29 V I get white lights and when it reads -29 V I get colored lights. When it blinks the voltage changes from +29 V to -29 V at about a 2 second period.
Most likely they're bicolor LEDs, which are basically two LEDs with opposite polarity in a single package. Either that or, if the colors themselves change, then they're probably RGB LEDs which allow the controller to adjust the current to each of the three color-control pins (one for red, one for green, and one for blue) to create any color.

On to the next problem! Merry Christmas!!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I realize this is a old post, but...my tree stopped working completely yesterday, purchased last year.
The help line said 2-4 weeks they should be able to get me one, that could be too late. I did order a replacement below, but it is different part number than my GT-29v9 that is bad. The output appears to be the same though if I am reading things correctly. I am hoping this arrives in time and works.
My question is, I opened the case and unfortunately the fix was not a crimp, the wires are soldered to the prongs. When I cracked it open, I could clearly smell a burned something. Has anyone had a similar problem and determined what was the cause if it was fixed? I checked (in circuit) the diodes because they were easy to get to....thoughts appreciated...
1575737099714.png

1575736663330.png

I I have a GT-30V12 power adapter that works fine but there is no power output from the attached GT-FDL1-4/9(N) foot switch. The foot switch smells so I assume the something on the circuit board fried. I haven't found anywhere to get a replacement foot switch. I have sent an email to the manufacturers but it sounds like it may take a while. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back