Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gas fire Remote repair. Think it's a capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew3121

Hi, Im trying to fix a remote for a gas fire but I'm quite inexperienced, I think I've narrowed down the problem to a capacitor, Im not sure what capacitor it is or where to get a replacement, the chip the capacitor is connected to gets hot when I attach a battery to the circuit but nothing works and the led doesn't light up. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20211024_201415.jpg
    IMG_20211024_201415.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20211024_200805.jpg
    IMG_20211024_200805.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 247
That's a 680R SMD resistor pop your meter across it on the ohms setting and it should measure around 680 ohms.

I doubt it is your problem if the chip is getting hot.

I THINK I can see a crack in the soldering on the right hand side of the resistor. The picture is not sharp enough to be sure. I don't think it is likely that this will course the chip to overheat. I can't read the part number on the chip. If you can find and post the datasheet for the chip we will probably be in a better position to know if that resistor could be the cause of the problem.

Les.

In my experience, when a IC chip itself is too hot then its internally shorted. If my memory serves, in general the stuff I work on when I see 104c+ on thermal cam I pretty much know its gone.

was anything done before?
Such as battery connector reconnected
Such as a 9v and wires not connected to the correct point.
Let us know of anything was done to it before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back