Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Garage door opener motor wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil White

I have a Genie garage door opener. It has four wires going into the motor. The red and black are from the AC and the orange and yellow are from a capacitor. Can anyone tell me how to wire it directly to AC to bypass the remote and electric eye?

That is a standard PSC motor and can be controlled by a simple SPDT SW with centre off.
PDF.
Also see the motor diag. in the manual.
Max.

Attachments

• PSC_Motor.pdf
    2.8 KB · Views: 364
The neutral goes to Red and the capacitor goes across Yellow and Orange, these two would go to the reversing switch or AC black to either one for single direction running.
Max.

Using the red wire, you bypassed the thermal protector. I would suggest taping off the red wire and using the black wire instead. That gives you some thermal protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back