Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gameshow Buzzer system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z3nathura

I am a total beginner just starting out and i would like some help with my first project.

I need someone to draw me a diagram for a Gameshow buzzer system. The three contestants each have pushbutton momentary switches and the first one to press gets their led to shine, or buzzer to make noise, or something like that just so long as the next two to press don't get the led, noise, etc.

I am currently reading the how-tos, the beginner FAQ section tutorials and websites and have to date only done the mechanics side of electronics ie making a rotating display base for a model, making an electric guitar with friends out of aluminum and fiberglass, and fabricating the arm for a robotic arm, but this will be my first shot at electronics.

I am serious about learning this stuff and the help would be appreciated. I intend to make up some project ideas in the future and post my ideas and solutions for other people to play with themselves once i get my feet steady.

P.S. i found this thread in the forums https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/game-show-buzzer.626/ but it is incomplete and i'm a bit confused by the floating connections and multiple grounds. Props for the amazing forum btw

There are a lot of designs out there...Google: jeopardy game circuit

This is about the simplest one that I've seen Jeopardy on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (note: the clear pushbotton switch should be a "normally closed" type.)
The "L" lamps could be replaced with LEDs/resistors, or buzzers, or buzzers and lamps or LEDs/resistors in parallel.

Ken

Last edited:
Thank you very much, it is quite simple and will be fun to try out. Is there a way to get rid of the problem with both buzzers lighting up if two are pressed within ~150ms?

Thank you very much, it is quite simple and will be fun to try out. Is there a way to get rid of the problem with both buzzers lighting up if two are pressed within ~150ms?

That's the whole point of a game show buzzer system - activating one switch will prevent the others from registering. In the above design, when one relay is energized the others cannot become energized.

btw, the "CLEAR" button looks like it should a normally closed switch whereas the other switches are of the normally open variety.

I haven't tried this relay circuit. Where did you get the 150mS overlap info?

Ken

modified diagram

can anyone show me how to build a buzzer that when buzzed in would show any combination of 3 lights? i'm trying to build a buzzer for a trumpet player to learn fingerings... maybe the buzzer can go off without any buttons down?

my email is tenorjazz@sbcglobal.net

Last edited:
trumpet fingerings

i know the trumpet fingerings... i'm an instructor of band instruments... i need to create a game to help my students :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back